configure static dns and ip settings

In my linux desktop, i can override the default nameserver and ip addresses by means of the network manager and/or changing /etc/resolv.conf. Have to be root to do so.

Is there any way to change these settings in my Android phone (Blu Dash Jr)? Since I still haven't learned how to root this phone, I'm guessing the answer is No, but thought I'd ask anyway.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    You can set a static IP by going to:

Settings -> Wifi -> Tap and hold the network you'd like to modify -> Modify Network -> tick "Advanced options" -> select "Static" under "IP settings".

--jeremy

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9
    There is a SetDNS app to select your own nameservers, but it does require root.

--jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    You can set a static IP by going to:

Settings -> Wifi -> Tap and hold the network you'd like to modify -> Modify Network -> tick "Advanced options" -> select "Static" under "IP settings".

--jeremy
    Under Modify Network I can only modify the Key Index and password. Anyway, I think nameserver is the critical thing to change, so I'll have to get root access.

LEO Privacy Guard V 3.0 is the best to secure your devices. Have you tried it out yet?