Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

Bluetooth media connection problem

Hi there,

I am a long time HTC user and I got an annoying problem on Bluetooth.

I use mainly A2DP handsfree for streaming music, but I repeatedly get media connection problem. As you know there are 2 connections on bluetooth one is phone audio the other media audio, most of the time the phone part connected ok but the media part not, so that I can't get any music on the handsfree although it said 'connected' (Jarba Wireless), I have to wait for few minutes hopefully I can get the music. I tried many different made of BT sets and keep upgrading the phone in the pass few years but the problem persists, HTC can't give an explanation, they just said they do not support BT sets of other made ! I also got this problem on Sony Z3, but my ASUS and BB worked fine, I am really running out of idea what to do next ! should I stick to HTC ? I read somewhere on the net that HTC has a stripped down BT hw/sw stack to cause BT connection problem, any comment ?

This does not directly address your particular question but I'd relate my problem with HTC (One) Bluetooth. I wanted to use fsquirt.exe to connect to my computer and transfer media files (or any file at all). My failure rate was really high. Maybe about 20% of the files wouldn't complete the transfer. HTC customer service told me that HTC bluetooth did not really support what I was trying to do and that I should tether the phone to the computer with the supplied (charging) cable which does work.

Device(s)
    LG G5 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster
    May be I give HTC a last try on their up coming Aero, before the company completely shutdown due to poor sales, I hope HTC dev will check into the forums and read my posts, one very basic feature never worked as expected would ruin a very beautiful phone...

Quote Originally Posted by joboy View Post
    May be I give HTC a last try on their up coming Aero, before the company completely shutdown due to poor sales, I hope HTC dev will check into the forums and read my posts, one very basic feature never worked as expected would ruin a very beautiful phone...
    It is a beautiful phone. I think there would likely be something that I'd dislike about any phone at all. At least you can easily contact HTC customer service though the rep likely as not will not be skilled enough to properly address your issue. At least that's my experience. Still, if I had to have another phone right now I'd strongly consider getting another HTC.