Google Play Services killing Galaxy S3 battery

Over the past week and-a-half my battery has been draining more quickly than usual. Checking the battery monitor shows that Google Play Services is often the top power consumer. I have attempted to remedy the problem by restarting the phone each morning; pulling out the battery while the phone is on; killing all services using the System Panel Lite app; and stopping Google Play Services from the Applications setting. None of these have fixed the problem. As I write this, Google Play Services is the second highest battery user, consuming 19% of power. I chatted with Google's online tech support and was told they didn't know how to help and that I should contact Samsung. So I chatted with Samsung's online tech support and was told to restart the phone in Safe Mode to see if power drain was affected: Google Play Services still drained a lot of power. Samsung recommended a factory reset, which I'd prefer to avoid due to the hassle of spending the time to reconfigure all my apps and customizations. I've already turned off a lot of the usual features that drain the battery, though I have left on Google Now, gmail syncing, photo syncing, and software updating. This battery drain started happening on its own last week, i.e. I have not downloaded any new apps or changed any settings or viewed any suspicious websites. One day, it just started draining my battery. Any ideas short of factory reset?

Have you tried a new battery?. It could just be the battery that is giving up.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by PECONET009 View Post
    Have you tried a new battery?. It could just be the battery that is giving up.
    It seems to have resolved on its own - sort of. Google Play Services still drains the battery on occasion, however not nearly as often as when I first posted this. Elsewhere I read in a forum that sometimes Play Services seems to consume a lot of power right before Google pushes out an update or new system. As I am on the Boost network, we don't tend to get the latest and greatest updates like users on larger carriers do, but as long as I monitor my battery usage, restart the phone every day or two, and recharge my phone when driving, it seems to be manageable and not particularly annoying. Thanks for replying.

Same here! Google Play Services really consumes all my battery. Is there any trick to stop all the services that are been running in back process.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardSmith36 View Post
    Same here! Google Play Services really consumes all my battery. Is there any trick to stop all the services that are been running in back process.
    Google Play Services is apparently used by other Google apps, like the Play Store or magazine readers, and will appear to be draining the battery. A pseudo-solution I've used with some success is to simply remove the battery while the phone is on. (In other words, don't restart, don't shut down, just open the back of the case and pull out the battery while things are running.) This apparently forces the Android system to correct whatever's going on in the background that drains the battery. If anyone with a more technically-oriented background has better, more specific information on this, please let the rest of us know. Thanks. (In any case, I don't think my battery is giving up since the draining problem hasn't been a problem for me for the last couple of months and neither has Play Services.)

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    I have same Issue With my S3 Mobile any one have better solution this mobile device Battery problem

I think you can get some help by rootbooster app.