Webmin On Android?

Hi,
    I just got my first smart phone and tablet this week, and am still learning how to do the basics. I've been on LQ for years, and am very comfortable w/the terminal, and I will eventually root my phone and tablet. I searched for Webmin on Android, and there is an iPhone theme for Android on the Webmin site, and there is the Webmin @ Google Play which is discontinued. But those aren't even what I want. I don't care about managing other servers. I just want to admin the phone and tablet w/webmin. Perhaps I don't even need to do this because there are other apps? Maybe BusyBox?, et. al.?

Has anyone tried installing it on their android device? I've got the tar version of webmin downloaded, but I'm concerned that I'd screw up the whole OS w/out knowing a lot more about it. Any suggestions? Thanks,

gentisle

I have ones tried the app called Gadmin, are issues especially with newer versions of webmin. It also not support newer versions of webmin.

OK, thanks. I may try it when I get some free time.

Quote Originally Posted by gentisle View Post
    OK, thanks. I may try it when I get some free time.
    Good luck

Thanks. If I have any success, I'll post here.

So did you get any success? i was hoping the right answer

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Quote Originally Posted by nilofar_iqbal View Post
    So did you get any success? i was hoping the right answer
    So far, I have not tried it. I have to root the phone first, and I don't have a lot of free time to research that and get it going. Also, the phone just hit the market around the 1st of November, so I don't know if I can even get it rooted (since I've not had a smart phone before, nor have I rooted one). I would like to put Marshmellow on it (currently it has 5.1.1 Lollipop). But if I can get the free time to root it and I can get Webmin on it, rest assured, I'll post the info here.

Quote Originally Posted by gentisle View Post
    So far, I have not tried it. I have to root the phone first, and I don't have a lot of free time to research that and get it going. Also, the phone just hit the market around the 1st of November, so I don't know if I can even get it rooted (since I've not had a smart phone before, nor have I rooted one). I would like to put Marshmellow on it (currently it has 5.1.1 Lollipop). But if I can get the free time to root it and I can get Webmin on it, rest assured, I'll post the info here.
    Okay, will wait for the positive replay

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"