How to deal with flash-dependent sites when using Silk browser on the Kindle fire?

I'm used to listening to WQXR web station while browsing the internet but at this tablet with this browser that isn't possible. No matter what choice of streaming format I choose I don't hear a thing.

Do you recommend D/L another browser, installing a plugin (if it is at all possible because I haven't seen such page in Silk) or using an external player?

Thanks in advanced for any useful info on the above!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny7440 View Post
    I'm used to listening to WQXR web station while browsing the internet but at this tablet with this browser that isn't possible. No matter what choice of streaming format I choose I don't hear a thing.

Do you recommend D/L another browser, installing a plugin (if it is at all possible because I haven't seen such page in Silk) or using an external player?
    Forget Flash on mobile devices. Apple started that particular ball rolling by refusing to support Flash on the iPad. It is officially deprecated by Adobe. Flash on the desktop/laptop is still getting security and bug fixes, but at some point, it too will go away. Everyone is migrating to HTML5, whose <video> keyword lets you stream video without Flash. (You still need a codec, but that's delivered as part of the browser, and not a third party plugin.)

WQXR has a mobile app for Android and iOS that may be what you need: http://www.wqxr.org/mobile/ I don't have a Kindle Fire, and can't say whether the Android app will install on it, but it's easy enough to test.
    ______
    Dennis

Thanks for replying, DMcCunney!

I already have D/L & installed that app twice but with the same result: NOTHING!

Right now I'm using a Toshiba laptop running Win10 and, as soon as I got to that page and hit the Play button the sound came in: so, it's not what I have thought a couple of times, that it was a "location" thing... I've twisted my way to other web radio stations.