Device(s)
    HTC Butterfly 2 ASUS Fonepad 8

Ringtone via Bluetooth

Hi there,

I am using a Sensation with an A2DP capable BT handsfree, I can control the playback of MP3 on the set no problem, but the ringtone just can't get thru', no matter it is MP3 or other format, the handsfree gives me the default 'beep beep beep' of it's own. I remember long time ago my Nokia can forward the ringtone to the BT set, and I checked with HTC and they said Sensation should be able to do that too, but I tried a numbers of BT sets none can give me the ringtone. There is no mention of this feature on all the smartphone and BT set I came across, I don't know what to look at suppose I change phone or BT set again, any idea ? This feature is very useful, much better than using the voice caller ID feature to shout out the caller's name at the phone speaker !

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    What does Tech support for the BT Handsfree have to say?

Device(s)

Original Poster
    Don't expect real tech support exist unless the set is from one of the big names, very few people know what their set can do, and wouldn't care about the ringtone via BT thing, or ever heard about that !

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G2 Nexus 4 SGH T999
    I've had the same issue with the Motorola T505 handsfree on multiple phones. (HTC8525, BlackjackII, T-Mobile G2).
    I think it has to be the Bluetooth device. What's weird is the T505 will read the Caller ID and the phones STILL play the ringtone on the handset. It sound like an orchestra tuning up. At least I can hear it ringing, but it sounds terrible.

I'm looking at a new Jabra this week, maybe that will fix it?

mvw

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    Good luck. Please post back with your results when you come to a resoltion.

Device(s)

Original Poster
    Btw I got a Jabra BT3030 which is a pretty old model, it doesn't play ringtone from HTC, I doubt the new models will play.