Dim Tablet Display

I have a 10 inch Tablet SP2 FT3 and have upgraded to Tim5a software at suggestion of the Tablet supplier,
    upgrading sorted the original problem but now the display is so dim that I can only use the tablet in
    a darkened room where as before T5a the screen brightness was ok.
    If I connect the HDMI output to a TV the video output is normal brightness so this problem is related to
    the screen drive only. The brightness slider through settings mode is fully up, otherwise this is a perfect
    tablet for me
    Any help to sort this DIM SCREEN is appreciated ,
    Last edited by ELECTRONTRAV; 10-26-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: more info

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    What happens if you remove and reinstall the TSA?
    Can you contact the TSA author through th Android Market?

Hi John Test,
    Thanks for quick reply, I presume your TSA is really my T5a which an upgrade of the originally installed software.
    The proceedure was to download 2 files on to PC, unzip and load on to a MiscoSD card which then automatically
    updated the original software when powering on the tablet. Sorry if this is all a bit long winded, but I do not know
    how to get at the software to delete it, and if I did, surely I would have no operating system to automatically
    reinstall T5a. As you can see I am a bit of a novice at this. I have seen various references to Tim (software guru)
    on various Android Forums and hoped he might see this anyway and have a downloadable fix, but I do value your
    further help, I will also try to find a link to Tim

Hi John,
    I tried reinstalling Tim5a again but the result was the same, however I decided to try and upgrade to Tim6a and this solved the DIM display problem.
    The startup and preinstalled programmes have changed but overall I like it as it is quite fast and everything works, I suppose I am most pleased that
    normally I can now use the Tablet with the Brightness slider at the 50% and use it outside in sunlight with it set to 100%, good for mapping and GPS.
    I think the battery seems to be lasting longer as well Well done Tim with 6a.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    Glad you got it worked out.:-)