Hardware conventions for Android TV

When I see a 2GB + 8GB Android TV advertised, what does that mean?

I assume that since the 2GB is advertised as DDR3 it is used for the executable code at runtime, and that it may also be used for streaming content store / queue.

Is it true that the 8GB is flash, and is used to store the OS, the apps and the add-ons? Is it also used to store incoming streamed data?

Finally, in practice, how often does 2GB of DDR3 have a performance edge (or capability edge if executables are large) over 1GB?

Thanks for the answers to the general questions.

Quote Originally Posted by linuxbird View Post
    When I see a 2GB + 8GB Android TV advertised, what does that mean?

I assume that since the 2GB is advertised as DDR3 it is used for the executable code at runtime, and that it may also be used for streaming content store / queue.

Is it true that the 8GB is flash, and is used to store the OS, the apps and the add-ons? Is it also used to store incoming streamed data?

Finally, in practice, how often does 2GB of DDR3 have a performance edge (or capability edge if executables are large) over 1GB?

Thanks for the answers to the general questions.

Let me answer this way.
    An Android system 6.0 has a size installed about 4,3 GB.
    This is about 3 times as much as an installed XP.
    This cannot work with only 2 GB device, if this 2 GB is related to the memory of the device.

Why is the text of the post only to see, only when using the quote button ? And all the advertisements very well ?

Last edited by visionhelp; 07-06-2017 at 05:26 PM.