Activating MOTO G5 Plus (Model XT1687) on Verizon Wireless

I have not yet been able to successfully activate my new MOTO G5 Plus (Model XT1687) on Verizon Wireless. It is not a model that they sell, and apparently they have not performed any steps to make it easy to add.

I've seen a few "proposed" work arounds, but no Verizon employee has yet been able to either perform them or figure out a way to activate this unit. I have a 25-26 month old Droid Turbo that has worked very well, but is beginning to have recharging issues and a speaker that has a loose connection - I get around the speaker with Bluetooth services, but the fact is that I like the new MOTO G5 Plus and it works well over Wifi, but not at all over VZW's US LTE network so far, unless I can figure out a work around to get it provisioned properly.

Any ideas you've seen that will work - with or without the help of VZW?
    --
    Brian Masinick

Blog Entries

Original Poster
    got it working. Email me if you want to know the details.

masinick AT yahoo DOT com

--
    Brian Masinick

Blog Entries

Original Poster
    The MOTO G5 Plus is now working well with the Bluetooth interface in my car, though the car app does not support any and all Bluetooth apps, only a limited set - that's the car app restriction, not the MOTO unit. What is supported works well.

--
    Brian Masinick