getting my samsung galaxy tablet to see ebooks when downloaded

i have tried to download ebooks with a modi but tablet says cannot open. I also tried to download an ebook reader called calibre. It wud not open for the same reason. I just purched the tablet. What am i doing wrong?

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    If I go to the android market, I don't see that reader but I do see kindle. Have you tried ki
    ndle yet?

No, kindle wont accet the many books I have with modo after the title. The other ebook that came with the tablet wont open them either.

I don't know what format you are trying to read as you have written two different ways neither of which I recognise.

if you use calibre I believe you need to be running it on a PC in server mode as well.

Have you tried Moon+ - a well regarded reader that reads many formats. Also, if you use calibre on a PC you can use that to covert files between many formats and also, with scripts sourced on the net, strip DRM from many files.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    Can you provide the complete name with extension of one of the books that you are trying to read? It would help if you would also provide the name of the site that you are downloading from.

Device(s)
    Dell Streak 7 Samsung Galaxy 10.1
    Android doesn't natively support the mobi book format... Here's a free app that will convert your mobi books into a pdf your Samsung Tab can easily open:
    http://www.ebook-converter.com/mobipocket-converter.htm
    Here's the instructions for removing the DRM in mobi using tool:
    http://www.ebook-converter.com/25-co...pocket-pdf.htm
    Happy reading....

Hi, notfaded1.
    Thanks for your nice sharing. But I was wondering whether there are any differences between the
    pdf converter I am testing these days. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Pan

Quote Originally Posted by crowtherry@hotmail.com View Post
    i have tried to download ebooks with a modi but tablet says cannot open. I also tried to download an ebook reader called calibre. It wud not open for the same reason. I just purched the tablet. What am i doing wrong?
    Calibre is not an eBook reader app. It's a program to maintain an eBook library. You run it on your PC, it keeps the library there, and you can transfer books to your tablet using it. (Calibre includes eBook viewing capability, and you can read titles in the Calibnre library on your PC, but it's not what you use on your tablet.

Download an open source app called FBReaderJ from Google Play. FBReaderJ can be used on the tablet to read books in ePub, FB2, Mobi and several other formats. It can also read DjVu, PDF, and CBR/CBZ formats via plugins. You tell FBReader in it's Settings where your eBook are located, and they can live on an external card. You read by invoking FBReaderJ and selecting a book from the list it maintains. (Note that FBReaderJ does not handle eBooks with DRM. If you get something like a Kindle eBook in Mobi format from Amazon and it has DRM, you'll have to use Amazon's Kindle app to read it.)
    ______
    Dennis

Hi there, Just use it in proper way and stay connected with net.