Nexus won't wake up

I have a Nexus S which is really a Samsung Galaxy. INgeneral I'm fairly happy with it but just recentlt it has started misbehaving.

If the phone is in standby, i.e hasn't been used for a bit and I get an incoming call, the display lights up with the red and green buttons, but I can't answer or reject the call, the screen just does not react to any touch at all. The only thing I can do is wait until the phone stops ringing and then call back if a number was shown. This doesn't happen very often, maybe once a week, but it is very annoying when it happens. I'm running Android 2.3.5 and have all the updates the phone indicates.

Anybody have a similar issue with either a Nexus or Samsung and any ideas what might be causing it.

Thanks for any help,
    Regs
    ..the germ

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    You could try uninstalling the most recently installed apps.

Incidentally, you are the second poster today with this issue. Please post back with the reslution. :-)

Last edited by john test; 11-16-2011 at 09:58 AM.

I haven't fixed the problem, although it seems to happen less these days, but I have found a way around it.
    If the phone won't respond to screen touches, then I hit the off button on the side. This silences the ring, but the phone really still ring. Then I hit the button again, to wake up the phone and then the screen will respond OK. This has to be done quickly before the other person gets bored/frustrated and hangs up.
    ..Paul