Angry Low memory preventing me from sending/recieving ANY messages!!

Is there any app, what-so-ever, to access internal memory, so I can free up space??
    At least some kind of code hack????

LG Vortex
    Android 2.2

Ok.
    Wifi File Explorer will access the internal memory.
    Now to determine what files I can delete w/o f-n up the os.

Please, I sill need help.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    Did you try Advanced Task Killer?

I have used task killer/manager. What I want to do is free up memory, not stop programs.
    I had to uninstall a few programs just so I can send/receive messages. I now have like 25mb of internal space out of like 200 something mb.
    I need to know what files are not very important that won't kill the os when deleted.
    Anyone, please??

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    To be honest, removing installed programs will be your best bet.

The Vortex is an entry level phone meant for someone to put a minimum of apps on it.
    You can try going to manage applications, pull up programs like your browser and facebook and choose the clear cache option. This will temporarily clear some space but I don't know how much.

A more permanent fix would be to root and flash a custom ROM with either cmtd or A2SD support. That way you use the SD card as storage. The problem with this idea is I don't know if there is any active development for your phone.

HTH
    Dave

What I've had to do is factory reset my phone. What i want to know is how to empty the cache folder under the internal memory. I do NOT want to get rid of the apps that are useful in my daily activities. I'm not stupid, & know what I'm talking about. I work w/a linux operating system, & can do what I want on it, & need to be able to do the same on my LINUX GOOGLE ANDROID OPERATING SYSTEM. I know how to root my linux computer, i just need to be able to do the same on my droid.

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    As best as I can tell, no one has questioned your intelligence. You have the same problem I had with my desire, low memory. I fought against rooting my phone for some time. I think it is stupid that you have to break your devices to truly own them. That being said, rooting my phone was the even a better decision that getting the phone in the first place.

This link has quite a bit of information on your phone including rooting tutorials and ROM lists.

HTH
    Dave

I didn't mean for that to be an attack, especially this Christmas season. It just seems that I that I have to fight to find someone who isn't talking to me like I don't know what I'm talking about. I apologize for my reaction, & any offense against you. Thank you fro the link, I will look through it.

Merry Christmas

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    No bubbles, no troubles. To be honest, I didn't take your response as an attack. It is simply frustration at an all too common problem. Let us know how it works out for you.

HTH
    Dave

With Huawei Ideos Internal = 116m.
    I have continual problems with low memory warnings, losing ability to receive and send text.
    I use Settings , Advanced Task Killer and 1Tap Cleaner.
    ATV now shows 85MB available bur settings shows 15MB and I am still locked out from messages.
    No help yo any of you but that's my input.

i'm not sure, but try this:
    From Home screen -> Settings -> Check "Internal phone storage"