Pandigital 9" Android Tablet ?

Pandigital 9" Android Touch Screen Tablet

Product Model Number:

RR90L200

Any opinions on these as an intro to Andriod tablets ?

Thanks,

Brian H.
    Last edited by bjh; 12-02-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: add details

Pandigital

Hi,

I do not know about the 9" tablet, but I own a 7" white Pandigital tablet.

Mine doesn't have camera nor mic. I can do basic browsing, without flash (so, no youtube videos etc).
    Also, no android market on mine, but plenty apps on SlideMe.

WiFi connection is, well, chep. But, once I choose channel 11, it finds the wifi faster. I was getting message "not in range" most of the times at start up or wake up, even thou it was 7" close to router
    And used to take 30 min to connect, not 30 sec as specified in manual. I have from time to time, 1 disconnection when I go on the front porch. But re-connects itself fast again, and stays connected.
    Not sure how to explain this.

I had no touch screen problems, for me is very responsive. Even the on screen keyboard works perfect. I did not expect I would be able to type emails from it, since I deal better with desktop keyboards.
    However, the responsivness is very good.

No hang ups so far. It is NOT an iPad, but for under 100$ is the best option out there. I have yet to call customer support, because when I tried to update the firmware, the PC I was connected to could not read the Pandigital info.

I run Linux system, so I cannot update at home. If you plan to buy one pandigital, make sure it has firmware update icon, to do this wireless.

However, I am very happy with my 7" pandigital. Android system is ok. Security wise, I have no idea, but if you do not plan to download many stuff from 3rd parties, or apps without reviews, you should be ok.
    My Android version is 2.0. And is pretty stable and fast considering the money I paid. I bet newer versions are much better.
    Overall I am very happy.

Android is unlike any other mobile development platform or Java-based environment. *Triple Bottom Line’s Android webinar *will immerse students in the Android platform, leveraging their existing Java expertise, and allowing them to walk away from the class ready to build Android GUIs and related components.On the first class you will write your first Android Activities. Through the rest of the week you will be progressively introduced to more and more of what Android has to offer – services, multitouch, and system search services. You will apply this knowledge with working code every step of the way. Be ready to work hard and learn a lot in this intensive, hands-on, five day introduction to programming with the Android platform.