Device(s)
    HTC Butterfly 2 ASUS Fonepad 8

Synchronize personal data via the web

Hi there,

I got couple of Android phone and tablet, I wonder if there is a way to synchronize my contact and calendar between them via my own server, instead of via Google, I feel this will be more secure and controllable, I know I can copy the file from one to another, but is there any easier way ? and it seems no way to export the calendar except via Google.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    Lots of Calendars in the Market I think contacts synch phone to phone while blue toothing. Might do calendar items as well.

You can export the calendar directly from the Google website itself. Not from the app. What I don't know is if the default calendar app would allow you to sync with a different server.

Device(s)

Original Poster
    I am not using Google's calendar, it is only PC sync. one, and I don't know how to export the calendar to Google, what I do now is to share the events as VCS via email one by one, so that I can import them to other phone later on, this is how I back up things. I feel it is risky to upload the contacts and calendar to Google, but for convenience sake I may switch to Google's calendar, but sure will not upload my contacts.

Device(s)
    Galaxy tab, i9003
    Hmm, if you have calendar entries in your Android device, then you can just enable calendar sync in the settings. It will automatically sync existing calendar entries to your Google account.

Device(s)

Original Poster
    Thanks Slickstyle for the link !! I am not paranoid but cautious about data security. I don't need to auto sync my contact and calendar, I can export my contact to edit in Thunderbird, but I don't know how to export my calendar, I can only share it via email event by event, and then import back to other phone, it would be better if I can export and edit the whole calendar at one time. Even I can edit my contact with Thunderbird, the contact photo didn't show up.

oh no problem! your welcome!