See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Android pro as my ethernet hook up

Been trying to get my sisters android pro to run on a linux os.
    Can never get it to work. Trying the tethering way. Does any
    body know how to get it to connect as default?

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    Did you go on the Android Market to contact the developer to request wa version for Linux.?

No, but did go into market place and installed easy tether. The linux is 10.10 and newer. Been beating my head against
    the wall for about a year now. I want My sis of windows if you know what I mean amy help will be thankful.

I heard easy tether does not work in some web pages. But I do not know.

Went to the place that she bought it (Android Pro) and asked them to do it, but they act dumb. And all they do is open
    two terminals to connect that way. But she loses net once in awhile and have to do it all over again. Want to tether it
    so it will pick her cell phone up like ethernet or a wireless.

1 members found this post helpful.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    Not clear what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to use your cell phone to provide internet access via usb or wireless for your Linux box? Are you paying for Hotspot functionality on your cell phone? Android Pro appears to ne a set of Android Apps. Are you trying to run Android Pro on the Cell Phone, or are you trying to run it on your linux box? Which app on Android Pro are you trying to use?

Yes trying to use the cell phone for ethernet for the desktop pc in way of usb tethering. No one around here knows
    how to do that. Heck they don't know much bout linux.
    Easy Tether is what we are trying to use. But I read some where that that way does not go into some web pages.
    Don't know, never got it to work. The people that she bought the cell phone came to her home and just opened
    two terminals to make it work. But she was losing connection that way all the time. She is running windows vista
    now and it goes right in. But we do not want windows if you know what I mean......