Device(s)
    HTC Butterfly 2 ASUS Fonepad 8

Bluetooth handsfree problem

Hi there,

I've a long time problem with HTC Android phone, I used 5 models from Legend to Sensation XE, and I tried over 5 different made of BT handsfree sets, they all support A2DP and some can pair 2 phones. The problem is the set randomly connects either phone audio or media audio but not both, so I may not be able to pick up call during audio streaming, I don't even know someone calling because the phone audio part is disconnected. I check with HTC and they said it is the compatibility problem, but HTC does not have any BT sets with noise canceling, this is very important while using the set in the street, also the reason why I keep changing sets. Even worst with the XE, when I was listening to MP3 an incoming SMS completely breaks the connection, I've to reboot both the phone and the BT set and re-pair to make it work again, this is crazy I don't have any problem on BT with Nokia !! I've very little experience with other Android phones so can't compare, but I almost sure it is HTC to blame for the problem, but am I alone here ??

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    Can you get HTC to suggest a bT device that they are compatible with? Can any of the BT mfrs suggest an app or work around to make their device compatible with HTC?

Device(s)

Original Poster
    No HTC will not suggest a 3rd party BT set, and all BT mfrs clam their sets compatible with all phones, until you try them out you can't tell, and there is no return no one will take the blame if the set not working properly, it is always the problem of 'the other side' ! but I still think it is HTC's fault, when it said BT 2.0/3.0 that is it, HTC did not create BT it is a common technology we used today.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Does sound like an HTC issue. Can you dump the HTC and replace it with something that works?

Device(s)

Original Poster
    I don't want to dump HTC yet, apart from the BT issue it is still the best Android phone I ever used, it is more flexible than MOT, and Samsung has bad cell radio, SE is too fancy and LG even worst, too picky ha !

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Yup, Picky, picky, picky as my mother used to say. :-) Have you tested Motorola phones?

Device(s)

Original Poster
    I had a MOT before, I never like it, MOT made good radio equipment ie. walkie and professional stuffs, but for cell phone it is not as good as HTC and Samsung.
    I just upgraded to HTC Velocity 4G but the BT problem even worst ! I used to do streaming with my favorite app Xiialive, normally I can start it by pressing the play button on the handsfree, this worked most of the time with my old phones, but it won't start on the Velocity, I must start the app manually and then the BT will take control, but it fails again after I reboot the phone ! I tried with other handsfree but the same problem. I installed the Default app manager so that Xiialive take control of streaming, but still it won't start by BT, nothing happened when I press the play button on the BT, I feel sick and tired with this problem, I doubt I am alone on this