Cant connect my Samsung galaxy fit with PC

I am using samsung galaxy fit with gingerbread. When i connect my mobile with pc, notification comes as Found new hardware but it is not detected properly. It is shown as Removable Disk(I in My computer(Windows XP). I tried to connect with other PC but it was in vain. How to solve this issue.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 http://googlevoiceforcanadians.com/
    Perhaps your should install 'Kies' on your PC so that the proper drivers are installed? Don't know if this will help.

See this: http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/sam...cted-computer/ which resulted from googling "Samsung galaxy fit and kies"

HTH.

Rob. (A complete android newbie!)

Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100 ICS I9100XWLP3

My Blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SII
    You might also want to have a look at Airdroid. Personally, I haven't yet tried it as my SGS2 has Kies air installed and the computers I connect to are all Linux machines so AndFTP takes care of any file transfers I want to do.

Device(s)
    samsung galaxy y young

cellphone not connected

It seems that you do not connect as storage.
    You only physically connected or hardwarely connected the cellphone and the personal computer.

can you read the phone contents when connected? If it's showing up as a driver letter, surely there is no problem?
    I would expect that the ADB drivers are not happy under XP - try Googling for ADB, XP and Samsung, and see what you find. In general, most Kies/connection problems are down to the drivers not being properly installed - in particular, they don't seem to co-exist with other drivers very well.
    I fixed most of my problems when I upgraded to SP1 of Win 7 (from the original Win 7) - an unexpected bonus was that it seemed to completely re-fresh my drivers population.
    ymmv
    h.

Sounds interesting, looking at connecting my newly acquired galaxy centura <tracfone> droid 4.0.4 <icecream sandwich>? any way looking for ward to a overhaul in the future,

Running slack 14.0 most of the info i see for downloads only applies to windows or mac,.

How do you go about finding the device , any programs i need to down load in order to FTP into it?
    thanks Slacker-Tuxd
    it was not visible , under a USB connection that i could tell. thought about net cat if i could gain access.