Android tablet connection with MCU on Ethernet 10BASE

Hi,
    I'm trying to connect Android (2.2.1. on a tablet pc) to MCU and command a servo motor, via ethernet (enc28j60 shield).

First to make sure that MCU is up and running over ethernet, I connected the whole circuit to my router and performed ping (windows xp) and all ok.

The tablet's ethernet port also tested separately and all ok, so no physical problem exists.

Now on software part, I don't know how to configure ethernet port on linux / android so that to accept connections of type 'ethernet 10Mbit/s'

Could you please point me to the right information?

Also, my aim is not to lose the configuration for 100Mbit/s but just add the 10Mbit/s, because my tablet does not have any other port and I can use ADB to pc only over ethernet 100Mbit/s, so I must not lose that config., having it working.

Any suggestions please?
    Edit Post

Blog this Post

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    I would not expect any Ethernet Port configuration to be necessary. If I connect a 10 mb device to a 100 mb Router and connect a 1000 mb PC to the router and via the router to the 10 mb device, Then then it should run at 10 mb with no ethernet port configuration necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by john test View Post
    I would not expect any Ethernet Port configuration to be necessary. If I connect a 10 mb device to a 100 mb Router and connect a 1000 mb PC to the router and via the router to the 10 mb device, Then then it should run at 10 mb with no ethernet port configuration necessary.
    Sorry, it seems that I failed to explain the right way in last post (I'm not native speaker in English), so I repeat this way:

Test:
    1. I connected my MCU+Ethernet shield, to my router and tested to make sure it is functioning: test passed ok
    2. I connected my android tablet to the router to make sure functioning: test passed ok

Next: Disconnected both of them from router...

Project:
    Finally, setup my project this way:
    Android tablet pc <---> MCU+Ethernet shield
    (that is, the connection of MCU and Android is directly, not via the router, also, my Android was before this directly connected to pc and I ran ADB over Ethernet with no problem, but all of them where 100BASE ethernet connection, this one is 10BASE and is not working in this configuration, while each of them work well if in router-pair setup configurations).

Problem:
    When project is setup, Android does not report the existence of ethernet connection. Everything physically tested and I am nearly sure that the problem is that Android is not recognizing the 10 Mbit/s connection.

How can I solve this please, or at least deeper investigate the problem?

Last edited by kievari; 01-26-2012 at 04:10 PM.