star A5000 with android 2.2 and can't use its sensors

Hi there,

I am using the Chinese made smart phone model star A5000 and i have problems using it's sensors. First any compass app doesn't work, i have tried calibrating it by the "keep it flat and move it in "8" shape path to reset the sensor" stuff, i did, it vibrates and i assumed it's a feed back but then i get no movement on any compass app.

Second i have tried to connect it to my ubuntu 11.04, tethering works but i cant sync it with anything.Then on WinXP, it connects to HTC site to download the sync app after it did and installed, the app declares "no HTC" phone detected.

Third, it seems no application can tell me the processor speed, only memory.

Other than that, if only i knew what to do with it, the Universal Androot - v1.6.2 beta 5 gets it rooted.

According to Sensor List 2.2.1, my device has

AMI304 Orientation sensor,
    " 3-axis Magnetic field sensor,
    MT6516 3-axis Accelerometer,
    CM3623 Proximity sensor,
    CM3623 Light sensor.

I am a clueless about the whole thing, any help will do.
    thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Oh yes, i forgot, the phone simply doesn't have a name. It just says android on it with a model star A5000.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    Is it still under warranty? Are you paying for the insurance for it?

pay what?

What? I live in ethiopia, fyi.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Don't they sell insurance on cell phones sold in Ethiopia?
    Did the sensors work at an earlier point in time?
    Do you know how to Back your phone up?
    Do you know how to reset your phone to factory default?

Hi,
    No, there is no insurance. Never heard of such thing for phones. I could try to backup the phone. Yes I did restore it to factory settings. It is particularly the ami340 3axis magnetic field sensor that I cant make work, I get no compass readings. GPS is bad but it works.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    OK No Insurance, No Warranty, the only things that you can do is take to the cell phone service provider for repair or buy a new phone. If it were me I would check my cell phone Bill to see if they are charging for insurance. In my case I was paying for insurance without realizing it until I happened notice it on the phone bill.

Hi,

ok, thanks for the heads up, i'll check on it. One more thing I discovered is that my camera app is using, at some point, nearly 40% of my data connection. Why would a camera app access my gprs connection this much?? It' camera 2.2.1.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Camera apps used geotagging to put a location stamp on the photos that you take. If you cannot see the gps it would use the wifi and 3G / 4G signals to establish your location for geotagging. I think the camera app has the ability to toggle geotagging. That sai said, it is sometimes nic nice to have a geo tag have a patient stamp on y That said, it is sometimes nice to have a geo tag have a patient stamp on your photos so do you know where you were when you took that photo.