Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    upgrade galaxy y to icecream sandwich

    hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    this is my first post on android questions, im a member of LQ. im happy i got also support for my smasung phohe. i use smasung galaxy y, it's loaded with gingerbread. i want to upgrade it, can any one tel me how to do it ??? i searched but i didn't find upgrading galaxy y to icecream sandwich. Please help me doing it.....

    thank you very much.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    45

    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 http://googlevoiceforcanadians.com/
    Here is a link to upgrade to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Build DDLA1

    http://www.androidauthority.com/gala...erbread-50805/

    I do not know which version of Android that you are presently using.

    Read it carefully and remember that if you have Samsung KIES, close it completely (or uninstall it) before you do anything. (Ctrl Alt Del to open Task Manager and under 'Processes' find the Kies processes, usually 2 of them, and select 'End Process')

    I am a newbie, like you, so I cannot give you much advice but I followed a tutorial like the one above for my GT-i9100 and had no problems.

    Here is another tutorial: http://androidbeast.com/620/ddla1-gi...5360-tutorial/


    Last edited by Robert.Thompson; 02-16-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Rob. (A complete android newbie!)

    Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100 ICS I9100XWLP3

    My Blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6

    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Y ST-5360
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil@LQ View Post
    hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    this is my first post on android questions, im a member of LQ. im happy i got also support for my smasung phohe. i use smasung galaxy y, it's loaded with gingerbread. i want to upgrade it, can any one tel me how to do it ??? i searched but i didn't find upgrading galaxy y to icecream sandwich. Please help me doing it.....

    thank you very much.

    there is no updates yet for ICS, but installing a custom rom will make it look like ICS, download creeds rom fusion v3.2 at iplaygalaxyy and flash it using cwm, it will make it look like ICS



  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    45

    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 http://googlevoiceforcanadians.com/
    You can try this tutorial to install ICS:

    http://digg.com/newsbar/Technology/h...s_cm9_firmware


    Rob. (A complete android newbie!)

    Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100 ICS I9100XWLP3

    My Blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    30
    Blog Entries
    1

    Device(s)
    Galaxy y, acer timelinex
    you cant upgprade your andro to ics by any mean but you can apply its virtual image just by coustomising your rom now if want to do that then follow these steps carefully-
    1.Backup all your sd data+mobile data
    2-Download-Blackmart alpha
    from-http://m.umnet.com/downloadFile.ashx?Style=Software&id=17410
    3.Install it now for this market download rom manager+its pro for free .
    4.Install rom manager,installed .
    4.b.Click on the first option i.e,clockword....
    5.search for your handset and download clo.md.rc. file NOTE-if you have galaxy y then select galaxy mini from the list
    6.Now download-creed rom from-http://www.mediafire.com/?emexuqd93i6fg3x
    7.Now put this file to root.
    8.And restart your phone in recovery mode.And click apply from sd card .browse and select creed rom,,,,,,.zip it may take upto 3-5min
    Now reboot your phone .now enjoy ics. for help contact me back.



  6. #6

    Exclamation hey i need help :'((

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince4Princes View Post
    you cant upgprade your andro to ics by any mean but you can apply its virtual image just by coustomising your rom now if want to do that then follow these steps carefully-
    1.Backup all your sd data+mobile data
    2-Download-Blackmart alpha
    from-http://m.umnet.com/downloadFile.ashx?Style=Software&id=17410
    3.Install it now for this market download rom manager+its pro for free .
    4.Install rom manager,installed .
    4.b.Click on the first option i.e,clockword....
    5.search for your handset and download clo.md.rc. file NOTE-if you have galaxy y then select galaxy mini from the list
    6.Now download-creed rom from-http://www.mediafire.com/?emexuqd93i6fg3x
    7.Now put this file to root.
    8.And restart your phone in recovery mode.And click apply from sd card .browse and select creed rom,,,,,,.zip it may take upto 3-5min
    Now reboot your phone .now enjoy ics. for help contact me back.

    Mine did not work, it ruined all my phone functions. including sms, network signal, cant read my sd card, cant reset the factory settings. im so stuck. im using galaxy pocket btw. please help. we followed this video tutorial and it ruined everything, we're sure we double checked all the procedures but turned out unsuccessful. :'(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2-3dWGCS8



  7. #7
    it doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!! it ruined everything in my phone..... please help me..



  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    30
    Blog Entries
    1

    Device(s)
    Galaxy y, acer timelinex
    Quote Originally Posted by bou_chin View Post
    it doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!! it ruined everything in my phone..... please help me..
    Sorry,guys for any problem, my post was about galaxy y as diff. phone have diff. configure .
    pls. let me know about u r phone .Then only i will be able to help u 2.
    pls. msg me only the model name full
    eg-galaxy y 5360



  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    30
    Blog Entries
    1

    Device(s)
    Galaxy y, acer timelinex
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince4Princes View Post
    Sorry,guys for any problem, my post was about galaxy y as diff. phone have diff. configure .
    pls. let me know about u r phone .Then only i will be able to help u 2.
    pls. msg me only the model name full
    eg-galaxy y 5360
    1-ROOT FILE-

    http://www.mediafire.com/?p0pj30e4tfad6u7

    2-Cwm

    http://www.4shared.com/zip/fGnU3r0f/...CWM-ModVer.htm

    3-Rom Nxt to ics-

    http://www.4shared.com/zip/rpZuaqzO/JellyBlastGenEDsigned.htm


    Download three files from the given links .
    And place them to root of sd card not in any folder just in sd card.
    Now go to recovery mode by .
    switch off phone .
    press vol. up +home+power button u will see a red scrn its recovery mode . screen will not work use home button as ok vol.up down as cursor.
    click apply update from sd card
    browse for update file click ok
    wait till ur phone roots as it will be completed u will be sent back to recovery mode home scrn now reboot.
    search for superuser app so to congirm that ur phone is rooted.
    simillary again go to recovery mode.
    apply 2nd file Cwn gt
    it will send u to a new screen there clear the cashe only 1st one now click to apply update from sd card and select 3rd file it will take some time wait for it and ur phone would reboot itself .
    Now enjoy
    this will 100% work as i have given u the same files which i used .


    For any sort of other help related to mobie or pc contact me my name is gauravprakash

    search on google with princegauravprakash u will get my other links


    Last edited by Prince4Princes; 12-09-2012 at 03:38 AM.

  10. #10
    Prerequisites
    As already mentioned, there may be loss of data. So, better take its backup. This is indeed a wise step and simple too. You can use any app to take backup, or can do it manually as well. Having the backup, you can be back to the normal stat at anytime you want to.
    Charge your device to at least 80 percent. Better if you charge it fully and then start.
    Your computer must have all USB drivers for your device, installed on it.
    You need to go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
    You must have an active Internet connection on your PC.

    If you lose the data during upgrade in your Android phone, just go to Android Recovery.


    Last edited by BillEwing; 10-27-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •