Video player with subtitles support

Any suggestions for a decent video player with subtitles support?

MX Video Player

Original Poster
    Tried that. Doesn't seem to handle .mkv files, looses sound after 3-4 minutes of playback.

QQPlayer

Give that a try. You can find it in the Play Store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.research.drop

Edit: QQPlayer. Don't see the subject using the mobile app. :-O

Last edited by Berrydroidcafe; 04-02-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Original Poster
    Thanks, I'll give it a try

I think rockplayer might. You get a popup where you select which language before playing the video.

VLC

VLC is also announcing the release of android player - but haven't yet as to date.

Quote Originally Posted by BJEagle67:1634
    VLC is also announcing the release of android player - but haven't yet as to date.
    I have a love/hate relationship with VLC. I love it using PinguyOS, but hate it on Windows 7!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Have never had any audio problems playing .mkv files with MX Player.
    However, I find that subtitles are not visible if hardcoded onto the file. No such problem if there's a separate subtitle file (eg. .srt) for the video, MX Player n Mobo player will support it.
    One feature I like about MX player is, upon opening the application, all the video n audio files on your device will be shown, a feature missing from Mobo player (another good player).

Mobo Player supports MKV files with subtitles. It's got a fairly decent interface and supports other formats across the net as well

The best I have used would be Mobo and MX video players. MX is more updated than MOBO so that is what I use currently. The subtitle files do work.