Device(s)
    Acer Iconia A500 Samsung Galaxy S2

Question Security concern regarding Android custom ROMs

There's a plethora of ICS ROMs floating on the Internet. Since the migration to ICS has been so slow, many people are downloading these customs ROMs from dodgy places. It has been a long wait for me and still I am waiting for my Vodafone operator to release ICS for my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone. My question are:

- is there any way I can download the ICS ROM from a official site for my device?
    - in case I download flash a custom ROM on my device, is there any way to verify the integrity of the custom ROM?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SII
    Really, the only answer is - such is the price/responsibility that comes with the freedom Android offers. If you want to go with a custom ROM then it's up to you to satisfy yourself that the source it is coming from is secure and reliable.

I can't answer in more detail than that because personally, I'm happy to wait for the official ICS for my device through 'normal' channels. Therefore, I haven't got around to investigating where to find the above mentioned reliable and secure sources.