Android on HP tc1100: Need Help!

All,

Thanks in advance!!!

Here is what I have done so far.

I have an HP Compaq TC1100.

Ideally I would like to have Windows XP tablet edition HP with a dual boot of Android.

Currently I have been able to install a distro of Android I found. http://osdir.com/ml/android-x86/2011-12/msg00704.html

I followed the above link as well as this one to get the current distro that works all but pen functionality.
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...86/uqaWE0FEvKI

Is there a way to get the full tablet functionality on the TC1100?

If anyone knows of a install .iso for windows xp tablet edition hp Please add that to the list.

Thanks again,

Mike

windows dualboot on single disc

Is unfortunately not available.
    Windows won't even deal with dual partition on same disc - needs two separate disc's/drives.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    Quote Originally Posted by BJEagle67 View Post
    Is unfortunately not available.
    Windows won't even deal with dual partition on same disc - needs two separate disc's/drives.
    I don't agree. I had a a Vista machine and when I put an Ubuntu disc in, it gave me three options 1. Run from the CD, 2. Install Ubuntu as a a dual Boot. 3. Reformat .as Ubuntu. So Windows will handle Dual Boot.

Multiple boot TC1100

Dear Mike,

BJEagle67 is wrong. I am currently running triple boot win xp tablet/win 7 pro/win 8 on a tc1100. I came to this forum to figure out how to add android. Any hard drive can have multiple partitions and you can install almost any OS on them. The key is having a boot loader that will give you all options at startup. My best recommendation is Visual BCD. If you have any specific questions please reply to this post. FYI, my full time day job is doing tech support for consumer notebooks but my personal specialty at home is the HP Compaq TC series, TC1100s and TC4400. There is very little I don not know about these. So feel free to ask.

Mark G

Followup

I have been able to successfully add 4th partition and install android on that partition. The boot menu works correctly. It starts giving you the android boot options 1) main android installed partition in normal android 2) android in debug mode 3) Windows. If you choose 3) Windows it then gives you my 3 windows options XP Tablet/Win 7 Pro/Win 8. I am am still struggling to get full functionality in android but at least I have the install process figured out.

If anyone knows of a specific android iso that would work effectively on a TC1100, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks

Mark G

Last edited by OnesimusMO; 08-22-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Hello all,

Multi-booting is one of the first things most Linux-users learn to do. For example, the desktop I'm posting from triple boots Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, and Ubuntu Linux 12.04; my TC1100 currently dual-boots (with Wubi, not actual partitions) Windows 7 and Lubuntu. This is my drawn-out way of saying BJEagle67 might need to do a little bit more research on this.

I have had a little success booting with the s103t image found here. In addition I'm currently compiling an Android 3.2 image that may or may not work a little bit better (if it DOES work I will let you know; if it does not I'll try again later).

Current struggles include wifi (stupid Broadcom cards, I remember them being pain with Ubuntu several years ago too) and pen input (no idea how to work around that one yet).

[mark could you contact me off list I would like to talk to you more about tc1100)

whitephoenix_69@yahoo.com is the fastest you can email or message me there.

If anyone knows of a specific android iso that would work effectively on a TC1100, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks

Mark G[/QUOTE]