Internet from local PC to android mobile.

Hi ,

I want to connect my android mobile to my PC internet. I did that successfully but i m not sure whether i am using the internet of my network operator or my PC. Ho will be able to know abt it.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    If you are actually connecting to the internet through your PC then you should be able to monitor internet activity by hitting Ctrl Alt and Del simultaneously on the PC. Then click on network. You should see an increase in network activity when you initiate Streaming from the mobile device.
    How are you connecting the mobile to the PC? Are you using Internet Connection Sharing technology on the PC?

There is a nice utility available for free in the Android marketplace called "Fling", by Overlook. It will detect your network, show all connected devices on that subnet. You can also see all of your good old facts such as; gateway, network/subnet IP, DNS data, connection speed, etc. It will also scan service ports of hosts on your network. Probably much more data than you need, but it will get the job done. You can get it here: Fling Network Utility

Good luck!

Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by fenilharia View Post
    Hi , ,

I want to connect my android mobile to my PC internet. I did that successfully but i m not sure whether i am using the internet of my network operator or my PC. Ho will be able to know abt it.

If your PC is on a wired connection with a wireless card you could probably bridge the connection (or just use internet connection sharing if you use windows) and make an ad-hoc network to connect to via wifi.

Banned

Device(s)
    Samsung Note
    If you have connected your android device to your computer then It is straightforward that the internet you are using on your android device is that of computer if your computer has an internet connection.