Device(s)
    LG V20 ASUS Fonepad 8

How to auto capture and upload

Hi there,

What is the easiest way to auto capture a pic and upload via ftp, need not to be real time, no need voice, it is sort of like baby monitor, I want to see what's going on at my home via my cell phone, or any internet connected PC, at predefined interval, thanks !

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    You can buy a web cam, sometimes called a Nanny Cam or Baby Monitor. The web cam should come as a Wireless device capable of being on the Internet via your wireless Router.
    If you happen to have a laptop with a built in video camera, it would work as well.

Device(s)
    LG V20 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster
    Yes I know about that device, I just want to save some cost and do it with what I already have, ie. notebook and cell phone with webcam, but how do I put things together, so that I can do interval capture and upload to my site ? l know Tina time lapse can do interval capture, but how do I do upload and overwrite the same file unmanned ? actually it is a cat I am helping a friend to look after for short period, I would invest more if it is for a baby.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Does your laptop have an integrated webcam?
    Do you already have a website?
    Does the company hosting your website allow you to stream video to the web site
    The reason I ask is that is that sending one picture at a time would need you to write a script, which may or may not be beyond your capability, but a laptop with a built in web cam should come with the software to do the streaming.

Device(s)
    LG V20 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster
    Yes I've the webcam and my website, but not sure about streaming, I just worry my ISP will kill me for the huge amount of traffic, so just take it no.

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Lots of people doing webcam to monitor babies. I would seriously doubt that you would generate any appreciable traffic.. How many people are going to log on to monitor a cat. Some isp's like comcast provide data useag meters on their websites so you can track your data useage and stay well under the Capif you use the time lapse function, it would be minimal and well under the radar