Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson experia arc s

Non compatible audio device on 3.5mm jack

Hi there, I have a Sony xperia arc s. Apart from the battery life i really like it. The only thing that really narks me is that when i try to connect the 3.5mm headphone jack to an audio device it tells me that the device is not compatible. Surely this is just sony being tight. Its a 3.5mm jack. Is there a way of working around or patching this feature so i can use the 3.5mm jack for all my existing audio devices?

Please help me your my only hope.

Shaun

No answer?((
    Guys, you were my only hope too!
    I have the same problem now...
    Is there anyone who could help me, please?
    PM me as soon as possible!

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson experia arc s

Original Poster
    I contacted Sony and complained about this issue. I got a reply saying that it was that the jack was different and i should buy a jack converter. I did it didn't work. Strangely though, most of my audio devices have started working again(could it have been an update that fixed it) but unfortunately my zipper headphones/ headset don't. Even though this was exactly the type of device the IT crowd told me I should buy. I'm feeling very disappointed in Sony its the kind of behaviour you expect from tightarses like Apple. If it is, of course, am i just being really paranoid. Do sony fit ICs in their headphones etc to identify them.