Is my Samsung Galaxy GIO already rooted?

I bought my Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660v already unlocked. It has Froyo installed, and I cannot update this through Samsung Kies software.

I can navigate to the root of the SD card in both Windows and Linux, and have tried to root the device using SuperOneClick.exe following these instructions, but SuperOneClick always ends up "Not Responding".

Is it likely that to unlock my phone it has already been "rooted"?

I've also tried this thread but I don't get the option "3. In recovery mode, select Update from SD-card" and can't continue.

I'm really wanting to update Android but am not sure where to try next. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by farmerdave; 04-24-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Mini
    The easiest way to check if your devices is rooted is to look in your android apps on your phone. There will be a pirate looking app called superuser in there if it is rooted. But i can almost guarantee you that if you've bought the phone band new and haven't rooted it yourself it won't be rooted. Have you made sure you have the latest version of superoneclick?

As for the step 3 in the link, what about that don't you get? Have you successfully got your phone to go into recovery mode? ie. step 2.

Hi, thanks for replying. I have not seen a pirate looking app, but will have a closer look now that I know this.

As for Step 3, i understand what it wants me to do, but I never receive an option to "Update from SD card". I only have 4 choices when in recovery mode, and this is not one of them.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Mini
    Are you 100% that you have the file on the SD card? If you are and it's still not working try clockwork mod recovery tool.
    As for superoneclick, how long are you giving it before you close it? Sometimes it will seem to hang for a while when it's doing it's thing.

I'm sure the file is on the SD card, can see it with a file browser at least.
    For superoneclick, I gave it 30 minutes one time!