Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson experia arc s

Who keeps deleting my Icons?

Hi there, I have a Sony ericsson xperia arc s. The battery life is quite poor on it, so i installed a couple of apps to killoff background activity. The problem is i usually have the icons of the apps i use the most on the main page (home page call it what you like) and every so often something deletes the icons. I've tried looking through the settings for the app killers but i can't find anything. Does anyone know what or indeed who(joke) is doing this?

Thanks, Help me android questions your my only hope...

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Droidx, Xoom and Comcast MIFI Hotspot
    If you long press an icon and drag it to the top or corner it will disappear. You will know when you hit the spot because it will turn Red. People sometimes inadvertently grab the device between thumb and forefinger andd slide icons into oblivion.

Device(s)

Original Poster
    Hi John, Its not that, it will be five or six icons at a time from different folders.

maybe it's one of the apps you have installed. one by one, try uninstalling those apps then from there, maybe you can find which app does that.

probably yourself!

When having added an app to your view it will ofcourse be visible. But if you restart your device before you save your "view", which is your layout of icons and widgets it will restore to latest saved view! Sounds like your problem...

What launcher are you using? Maybe it's the fault of the launcher.

Device(s)

Original Poster
    Its definitely 'My problem' but i've never had to save my view nor have i ever been given the option, its stopped doing it now . Like someone said it was obviously an app having a hissy fit, I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

- - - Updated - - -

I can only presume its Sonys launcher, I tried the linux launcher but it kept defaulting to the original. When its out of warranty i'll get it unlocked and fire linux on it permanently.

Thanks for all the replies.