Open Libreoffice documents on android

Has anyone been able to open password protected .odf files on android? I use libreoffice at work and save files on dropbox so I can access it when am outside but I cannot find any app that does it, funny android being linux and all and yet very less compatability with linux..
    thanks

I save my .ods files as .xls in my dropbox folder and open with kingston office on my toshiba thrive. both libre office and open office can save in the microsoft office formats. I've been doing this for years ,create a doc on opensuse at home email to my work and open with MS office when I get to work.

If it comes to documents, there is only one single app that can open ODT:

TextMaker Mobile.

It's just one of many unique features of that awesome word processor, it also has tons of formatting options, and no other competitor displays Word documents as faithfully. All of these skills enable you to work on the road almost as conveniently as on your PC. Try it out, there is a free trial version available on Play Store.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    If it comes to documents, there is only one single app that can open ODT:

TextMaker Mobile.

It's just one of many unique features of that awesome word processor, it also has tons of formatting options, and no other competitor
    displays Word documents as faithfully. All of these skills enable you to work on the road almost as conveniently as on your PC. Try it out, there is a free trial version available on Play Store.
    Hi, Jellybeans.
    Thanks for your nice sharing. I will try it later to help me read and process the Word document later. Good luck.

Best regards,
    Arron

I want to join this topic and i feel lucky to find this type of forum. So thanks for this beautiful community

Quote Originally Posted by kapz View Post
    Has anyone been able to open password protected .odf files on android? I use libreoffice at work and save files on dropbox so I can access it when am outside but I cannot find any app that does it, funny android being linux and all and yet very less compatability with linux..
    thanks
    There is an early alpha of LibreOffice for Android that the LO folks state is not ready for prime time.

There is what appears to be a working beta version of Open Office called AndrOpen Office office on the Play Store.

The full suite requires 87MB of app storage space, though individual parts like Writer seem to be available separately. (I don't have the space on my low end tablet, so can't use it.)

I store stuff on my Google Drive and use Kingsoft WPS Office on Android to work with them, Google Drive can import OO/LO files and convert to its format, and the results can be opened and edited in WPS Office. WPS Office can open them directly from my Google Drive and save the changed versions back. It can do so from Dropbox as well.

If you save as Word files in Writer, there are an assortment of Android apps that should be able to open and view them from Dropbox.
    ______
    Dennis

Device(s)
    Kyocera Brigadier Dell Venue 8
    AndrOpenOffice, and OpenDocument Reader are two apps that I regularly use. AndrOpenOffice is pretty resource intensive so if I just want to open a doc or spreadsheet I use the Reader since its quicker. I have not tried password protected, I'll create a new doc and password it tonight and see. All my sensitive data is in an (password protected) encrypted container that I open with EDS.

Device(s)
    OpenDocument reader worked fine, AndrOpenoffice says the password is invalid.

AndrOpenzOffice and the other open office reader worked fine for me

Only office file will be editable on Android as far as I know. It's better to transfer these files to computer and edit then on PC, which is much more convenient.

Last edited by deplsucell; 11-12-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Andropenoffice was in fact useless with password protected files but as mentioned before the openoffice reader has no problem with such files except to modify them.

i uninstalled openofice, gonna wait for libreoffice to be available.....my two cents....buzz

Device(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deplsucell View Post
    Only office file will be editable on Android as far as I know. It's better to transfer these files to computer and edit then on PC, which is much more convenient.
    Office files? Are you referring to MS Office or Open/Libre Office? As mentioned by others they open fine and I can't carry a PC in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by deplsucell View Post
    Actually, the best way to transfer files between Android and PC is Android file transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Xkoiul View Post
    Actually, the best way to transfer files between Android and PC is Android file transfer
    <blink>

I have a 32GB microSD card in my tablet, and things like Office files live there. I just plug the tablet into my desktop via a USB cable. The microSD card appears as a drive in Windows when USB Storage is turned on on the tablet, and I can use standard copy and paste to put files on it. A specialized Android file transfer app isn't required, and things like AndrOpenoffice and OpenOffice Reader can access the files on the card.

There's also no need to enable USB debugging. (On my older tablet running Jellybean, doing that broke USB Storage. On the current device running KitKat, it doesn't.)
    ______
    Dennis