Device(s)
    T-Moblie G2, Android 2.2

T-Mobile G2 Android 2.2 - End call and answer

I'm very surprised I haven't seen more complaints around the web about this issue. I had this capability with my old G1 and now it's gone. Cyanogen 7 had no cure for my ill either. Here's the issue:

If I'm on a call and I get another incoming call, the only option I have is to put the current call on hold and answer the new one. This is annoying by itself, but is especially problematic when leaving a voicemail and that person is calling me back because they just missed the call. Now, when I switch over, their voicemail is on hold.

I really need a button that will end my current call and answer the new one. A close second would be a button that ends the call on hold. That way, I could take the new call, and quickly end my old call that's sitting on hold. My G1 had both of these options.

Am I the only one that has this problem? It's really frustrating and I can't believe I'm the only one whose inconvenienced by this. Either that or it's a really easy fix and I'm an idiot.

Here (Ireland)
    2, send changes calls and holds the other
    1, send ends the current call and switches

Same complaint. Used to have this on iPhone. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonses82 View Post
    I'm very surprised I haven't seen more complaints around the web about this issue. I had this capability with my old G1 and now it's gone. Cyanogen 7 had no cure for my ill either. Here's the issue:

If I'm on a call and I get another incoming call, the only option I have is to put the current call on hold and answer the new one. This is annoying by itself, but is especially problematic when leaving a voicemail and that person is calling me back because they just missed the call. Now, when I switch over, their voicemail is on hold.

I really need a button that will end my current call and answer the new one. A close second would be a button that ends the call on hold. That way, I could take the new call, and quickly end my old call that's sitting on hold. My G1 had both of these options.

Am I the only one that has this problem? It's really frustrating and I can't believe I'm the only one whose inconvenienced by this. Either that or it's a really easy fix and I'm an idiot.
    On a US T-Mobile G2 with the default dialer you can do the following 1) configure the power button to end a call (Settings>Accessibility>"Power button ends call" and 2) use the Call button to switch between the current call and the call on hold (by tapping on it: don't hold for too long).

The solution sounds a little clunky to me, but perhaps you will find it works well enough for you.

Personally, I think this is a network thing, not a phone OS thing. That's very much the impression I got here.