See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Unlock Code?

Unlock Code?

Would anyone happen to have the unlock code for the LG MyTouch 4G E739?

Any consideration would be much appreciated.

Thank you

here, try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDxpKReuyOA

- - - Updated - - -

also this: http://cellphoneforums.net/lg/t338766-how-unlock-your-lg-mytouch-e739-remote-unlock-code.html

Thank you for your response.

Let me start at the beginning. A woman I know bought a new Android (Samsung Galaxy Note, I think) and she gave me her old phone the LG MyTouch E739, about which I'm inquiring.

I took it to a T-Mobile store and I was told that it has been blocked for service, and that, no, they will not unlock a T-Mobile phone. I took that to mean that it could be unlocked, but that a T-Mobile store would not unlock a T-Mobile phone. Someone I know recommended Simple Mobile.

I checked Simple Mobile's list of approved phones (http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Simple...-Approved.aspx) but didn't see my phone. But the person who recommended Simple Mobile was sure the phone would work with Simple Mobile, so I went to a Simple Mobile dealer and asked. The dealer assured me that the phone would work with Simple Mobile.

So I paid the dealer $59.xx and he set it up. But it didn't work. At the time, a bad storm had ripped through Central Ohio (where I'm at) and 10 other states leaving millions without power. Here in Columbus (Columbus and Greater Central Ohio) and several other counties nearby, Simple Mobile had 200 towers knocked out. So that was the reason I was given why it wasn't working that I just had to wait. Simple Mobile customer service said that they didn't know if the problem was just no power or if there had been damage to its infrastructure.

I have a Simple Mobile number and account; the phone has just never worked. I've googled and googled and googled and I haven't found any directions that work for me or that are easy enough for noobie-me to implement.

But I have happened upon some information. One, that if three unsuccessful attempts are made to unlock the phone, it will hardlock. Well, is that the same as T-Mobile blocking it for service?

I've read that there is hardware that will reverse a hardlock; is there software as well that I can install to my computer that will also undo a hardlock? I don't think my phone is hardlocked, though, I'm just asking. And how about unlocking software? Is there any? I mean is there any software that I can install to my computer that will implement an unlock the way SuperOneClick implements rooting?

I considered purchasing an unlock code online the links you suggested. But I wanted to be sure that my phone could be unlocked with a purchased code, first, before spending any money. So I went through some the motions given at Configurator simplemobile.wdsglobal.com and at some point I got a message contained in this screenshot: Capture44.jpg

In other words, my phone is already unlocked. So what is the problem? What's wrong?

Any help or suggestions given me sure would be much appreciated. Thank you.

T-Mobile may not have unlocked the phone because the account owner was delinquent on payments, or additional usage charges. Also, the phone may have been reported stolen. Try T-Mobile and ask for details.

What does the Simple Mobile store say? Did you get a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Randymanme View Post
    Thank you for your response.

Let me start at the beginning. A woman I know bought a new Android (Samsung Galaxy Note, I think) and she gave me her old phone the LG MyTouch E739, about which I'm inquiring.

I took it to a T-Mobile store and I was told that it has been blocked for service, and that, no, they will not unlock a T-Mobile phone. I took that to mean that it could be unlocked, but that a T-Mobile store would not unlock a T-Mobile phone. Someone I know recommended Simple Mobile.

I checked Simple Mobile's list of approved phones (http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Simple...-Approved.aspx) but didn't see my phone. But the person who recommended Simple Mobile was sure the phone would work with Simple Mobile, so I went to a Simple Mobile dealer and asked. The dealer assured me that the phone would work with Simple Mobile.

So I paid the dealer $59.xx and he set it up. But it didn't work. At the time, a bad storm had ripped through Central Ohio (where I'm at) and 10 other states leaving millions without power. Here in Columbus (Columbus and Greater Central Ohio) and several other counties nearby, Simple Mobile had 200 towers knocked out. So that was the reason I was given why it wasn't working that I just had to wait. Simple Mobile customer service said that they didn't know if the problem was just no power or if there had been damage to its infrastructure.

I have a Simple Mobile number and account; the phone has just never worked. I've googled and googled and googled and I haven't found any directions that work for me or that are easy enough for noobie-me to implement.

But I have happened upon some information. One, that if three unsuccessful attempts are made to unlock the phone, it will hardlock. Well, is that the same as T-Mobile blocking it for service?

I've read that there is hardware that will reverse a hardlock; is there software as well that I can install to my computer that will also undo a hardlock? I don't think my phone is hardlocked, though, I'm just asking. And how about unlocking software? Is there any? I mean is there any software that I can install to my computer that will implement an unlock the way SuperOneClick implements rooting?

I considered purchasing an unlock code online the links you suggested. But I wanted to be sure that my phone could be unlocked with a purchased code, first, before spending any money. So I went through some the motions given at Configurator simplemobile.wdsglobal.com and at some point I got a message contained in this screenshot: Capture44.jpg

In other words, my phone is already unlocked. So what is the problem? What's wrong?

Any help or suggestions given me sure would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Device(s)
    Sharp PANTONE5 SoftBank

1 members found this post helpful.

I bought a T-Mobile phone when I saw there service map showed our house in an area wuith a very strong signal. Then I discovered that the signal was so week that to make or recieve a call we had to go out in the street! I had to push them politely for awhile, but eventualy they consented to fve their ok to unlocking 9it. Meanshile I had tried some of the thi8ngs I found on th intenet, and wound up "bricking" it. But when I got the factory to do it, they were able to "unbrick" itfor me so I could use it with any phone company that uses a sim card. It might be that "Simple" phone will do the same for you. Also, if you live near the Mexican border, you can almost certainly find a technician in nearly any Mexican city that will do it for you. If your phone is of the sort that does not use a sim card, that changes the formula to some extent. Since I spend lots of time in Mexico, I must have a phone that uses a sim card.