Question android apps - making calls over data, NOT wifi, NOT using minutes

I am new to this whole android world, just got my android phone a few days ago. My plan has unlimited texts and data but very few minutes, so I was looking for a way to route all calls (incoming/outgoing) through my data plan rather than use my minutes. I have tried using various apps with the same result: they all use minutes. I know it is possible to do this but I really need someone to help me with detailed instructions. I have a Google Voice number and I have the Sipdroid app installed as well Viber and Talkatone. Basically, how can I make sure all calls go thru data rather than cellular plan? Also, I'm not usually in an area that has wifi so wifi-calling isn't much help.

Thanks,
    Heather

will skype help, i am sure that goes through data

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 http://googlevoiceforcanadians.com/
    You just need to use the Play Store app called Voice+.

It uses data to send the number that you wish to call to your GV account and then GV voice calls you back & connects you. The key to using the Voice+ app is to have unlimited incoming calls from your cell phone company. If you do, you will get unlimited North American calling for free. You will use Voice+ to make all your calls, local calls too.

You can visit my blog for some ideas.

HTH

Rob. (A complete android newbie!)

Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100 ICS I9100XWLP3

My Blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify M
    Probably a dead thread at this point but here goes...

+1 for Google Voice
    I don't know if you actually need Voice+ though, you should be able to just install the Google Voice app. I have used it before, it works pretty well.

HTH
    Dave

Device(s)
    Doogee Dagger DG550, Chinese 9" tablet Linux Laptop
    All very well, but this service is only available in US (and Canada? dunno). Nowhere else

norman
    If at first you don't succeed - give someone else a go