See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Navigator apps, that don't need wifi?

Good day, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0, and want to ask about the preferred navigators you use. I may not always use wifi or it may drop out. I have read of some apps that contain maps... and the Navigator that comes with Android needs a net connection.

Which apps do you here use?

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Galaxy y, acer timelinex
    its google maps from
    google--->more---->maps download it and enjoy it prefr. packed data instead of wifi

1 members found this post helpful.

So, Android comes with Google Navigator, and now I add "more" maps and prefer packed data?

Blog Entries

Device(s)
    Galaxy y, acer timelinex
    Buddy usually androids have inbuilt google map ,but if your andro. Dnt have then from your andro. Browser go to google and on the search page of ggl u wll see more opt. And download it from there

Aftr dis go to ur mobi. Setting
    Close wifi and apply to use data pack .
    Thats all
    U may also check it in ggl maps setting

Thanks

Yesterday I went into settings and in personal a section called Location Serv I altered the setting to not use wifi and Google's navigator then works by GPS alone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113TS
    I actually just posted something about this on another thread, I'm gonna copy from it and add some text:

CoPilot Live for anyone who doesn't mind using a street map.
    It is offline, functions with GPS location, can be used to give directions in a variety of ways (Driving,walking,bicycle,etc), has Points of Interest (POIs) and major landmarks (bridges,tunnels, and whatnot), includes ferry routes, and only displays the maps you want (I have a Northwest region map for US), and will even calculate gas costs for trips... The app+map only takes up about 50Mb for me (more depending on how many maps you wish to d/l), and has been reliable. Their site offers maps for every major country (and region) ... Voice navigation is a paid only feature so I don't have it, But it has been a great free offline map for me.

Other features are speed calculator and according to the speedometer on my subaru, it's damn accurate
    DAY/NIGHT maps (darker,low contrast for night if you want ... switched colors at about 7PM)
    Favorited addresses and custom address
    POIs are restaurants,gas stations,some stores (such as walmart),mechanics,etc

The cons off this app are:
    Since the voice-nav is a paid feature, it doesn't know that you are on the next step of the trip so it will stay on direction 1, HOWEVER with the center on car view it will follow you and you can still make it out. It just doesn't track miles left of the trip unless you recalculate from current position.
    If you are on a ferry or bridge and need to recalculate it won't (I think because it refuse to belive you are in the water)
    All other cons are VERY little not even noticable ... overall a great app, I use it almost daily.

EDITED:
    I should add, I am on a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0