Android Razr Maxx version 4.0.4 accidentally deleted favorite contacts widget

I accidentally removed the favorite contacts widget from my home page. Everything I search for on the Internet suggests long pressing on the home page and selecting shortcuts. Long pressing on my home page only brings up the "choose wallpaper from" window. I'm not really to thrilled with this "ice cream" upgrade.

I did the same thing on my BIONIC.......

Hold your finger down on the Home screen. You should see a window pop up giving you the option to add a widget, shortcut etc. Select Widget, Choose Quick Contacts and you should be good.

HTH
    Dan

No, long pressing on my home screen only gives the option to "choose wallpaper from." That is the only selection. There are no other options.

Droid RAZR MAXX ICS - Add widget to Home Screen

Quote Originally Posted by bradvan View Post
    No, long pressing on my home screen only gives the option to "choose wallpaper from." That is the only selection. There are no other options.
    Try this....

http://support.verizonwireless.com/c....html?id=49672

It's different than what I have (DROID BIONIC). To add widgets to my home screen, I just hold the screen a sec and the window pops up to add a widget, wallpaper etc. Also not running ICS 4.0 yet. Still waiting for Verizon to get off their ass and release it

On Gingerbread, the widget is named Quick Contact, so I don't know if they changed it on ICS.

Hope That Helps
    Dan

Unfortunately that didn't work either. I guess I'm going to have to make a trip to the Verizon store.

Thanks so much for the suggestions!