Device(s)
    LG V20 ASUS Fonepad 8

Eyefi file system support

Hi there,

Just purchased a Eyefi SD, and installed the official app on my Samsung Tablet, I also installed the USB host controller app, so that I should be able to use the Eyefi SD on the tablet via a card reader, but the tablet can only see the card reader the SD does not exist. I have the same problem with Ubuntu, so I thought this is a general issue on Linux, but I find that, the original card read comes with the Eyefi SD allows me to access the card, also the card can be used on any digital camera, I wonder why it can't be used with a standard card reader ? I did not go further into the wifi sharing part of the card, there is a lot to explore in this area, any advice ?

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    I hadn't heard of Eyefi before reading this, so there may be some subtleties I'm not aware of.

First thing that springs to mind (apart from Eyefi using a proprietary format ...) is that your card reader might not support the capacity. I have one old card reader that can't read cards bigger than 4GB. Do you have another reader you can try? Alt does this reader work with other cards of the same capacity?

Device(s)
    LG V20 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster
    It's a SD card with build in wifi radio, for transferring photos to the computer or to online storage, quite common these days and some camera has build in support for it, so that you can turn off the wifi to save battery when not in transfer, but it will work in any digital camera with SD slot, once setup, the transfer is transparent to the user.

Strange about the card is it can not access with standard card reader except the one comes with the card, I tried on both Android and Ubuntu the same problem, but the card can be used in any digital camera like a standard SD.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    I don't see anything that suggests they can't be read in regular card readers. Do you have access to a Mac or Windows computer you can try to read it on?

Are you using the card in a camera? That seems to be the only use they actually intend it for.

You might be best off going to Eye-Fi support directly.

Device(s)
    LG V20 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster
    The card doesn't work on Win7 with a standard card reader, but the folder pop up instantly with the original reader, I may missed some steps to install the driver/app for Win7, but I intended to use it on Linux, my Android tab. Beside that the problem the card worked very well with my 2 cameras, P&S and DSLR, the photos taken transferred to the tab in seconds.

Eyefi support

What size memory is your device?

Device(s)
    LG V20 ASUS Fonepad 8

Original Poster
    Device ? the tablet is 16G, the card is Pro x2 8G.