android vibrates continuously

I have a new Samsung Exhibit ii 4G which I bought on Amazon. This is my first "smartphone" so this is a new world for me (sort of). Today my phone started vibrating continuously for no apparent reason. It's the type of vibration you're supposed to receive if your ringtone is turned off at a meeting or in a theater. Only instead of a few intermittent vibrations, this was running and wouldn't stop! I finally powered off the phone and let it sit for about ten minutes. Then I powered back up and I haven't had the problem again, so far. Others have reported this problem with this phone but no one seems to know what to do. Does anyone know what's going on here and/or how to fix it? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I'm an Android newbie too. Assuming that you looked through all the settings, checked your messages and call logs, there is one sure fire warranty voiding option left: the soldering iron! If you forcibly remove the vibrator, then your problem will go away permanently.