Need help rooting AGPTEK TP10A

Here's what I know about this thing:

Android version: 4.0.4
    kernel: 3.0.8
    Build number: rockchip IMM76D
    On the about screen, something about "Rk29SDK sytem updates"

I have been searching the Net for a week and have yet to find any useful information. I have the Android SDK installed on my desktop system (Ubuntu 12.04) and running the command 'adb list' shows nothing. According to Google, that means I don't have the drivers installed. If that's true, then where do I get the drivers?

UPDATE: I have experimented with udev by adding a file called '99-android.rules' to /etc/udev/rules.d. Here are the contents of the file:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="2207:0010", SYMLINK+="android_adb", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
    TEST=="/var/run/ConsoleKit/database", \
    RUN+="udev-acl --action=$env{action} --device=$env{DEVNAME}"

And here the line with the device ID from the output of the 'lsusb' command:

Bus 001 Device 010: ID 2207:0010

The AGPTEK site does not have any drivers for download, and I don't know the first thing about writing drivers from scratch. Anyone know how to make thing rootable?
    Last edited by PhoenixAndThor; 09-15-2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: To provide more information

I've never used the 99-android.rules, as i have always used the 51-android.rules, so im not sure if the same applies

try replacing your lines with
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18da", MODE="666"
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="2207", MODE="666"

and then restart the udev service

if you are on ubuntu/mint you can use sudo service restart udev and then make sure to kill all adb sessions with sudo killall adb

Then make sure your device is in USB debugging mode and then try adb again.