Google calendar - invites from MS Outlook?

Hello all,

If I use my work Outlook email to send an appointment invite to my phone's Gmail account, I receive a Gmail containing a .ics attachment, which Android only wants to open with a text editor. I was expecting some sort of "Accept/Decline" button in the email, like with Outlook, but sadly not.

How can I open this ICS file and place it in my google calendar as an appointment, and for a bonus point, how can I automate this process so that any .ics files received are automatically placed in my google calendar without intervention?

Many thanks in advance,

Asrisk.

Original Poster

[SOLVED]Google calendar - invites from MS Outlook?

Solved it now. I had to open the Google Calendar through the Google web page, where there are many more options/settings available, that are not visible through the Calendar app. One of these is to automatically accept invites.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by asrisk View Post
    Hello all,

If I use my work Outlook email to send an appointment invite to my phone's Gmail account, I receive a Gmail containing a .ics attachment, which Android only wants to open with a text editor. I was expecting some sort of "Accept/Decline" button in the email, like with Outlook, but sadly not.

How can I open this ICS file and place it in my google calendar as an appointment, and for a bonus point, how can I automate this process so that any .ics files received are automatically placed in my google calendar without intervention?

Many thanks in advance,

Asrisk.

You can use free application Invitation Plugin to open ics invitations in Gmail. It will open default calendar where you can accept/decline event.

It requires Android 4.0+ (Ice Cream Sandwich)

You can get this app on Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vitationplugin

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by asrisk View Post
    Solved it now. I had to open the Google Calendar through the Google web page, where there are many more options/settings available, that are not visible through the Calendar app. One of these is to automatically accept invites.

Thanks.
    -- Where is the setting located within the web version of Google Calendar to auto accept these invitations??

Thanks

is not it run on lower version os?

- - - Updated - - -

I am using 2.0