LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2001, 06:55 PM   #1
tjmm
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0

i have this error that pops up every time i run internet explorer or a program that uses internet explorer (napster and such). it goes like this:

"Please check your Content Advisor settings for missing information. Click the Tools menu and then click Internet Options. On the Content tab, check the Content Advisor settings."

i did what it says and all the settings i kept have been erased. i put them all back on, but then when i startup IE, they are gone again. this also causes another error. after i see it, IE won't browse the net. it just has the "action cancelled" page or the "cannot find server" page and i can't search using it. any advice?

Old 04-24-2001, 10:13 AM   #2
trickykid
LQ Guru

Rep: Reputation: 269Reputation: 269Reputation: 269
Either call Microsoft or try a reinstall. It should save your settings that you make, if not...it is a problem with the program itself.

Old 04-24-2001, 02:31 PM   #3
CragStar

Distribution: Ubuntu

Rep: Reputation: 47
Question

Do you have a fire wall installed? Do you have to log on as different users to access windoze?

Try http://www.pcmech.com and their forums. They have a special windoze forum where you will probably get a better response.

Old 04-24-2001, 03:31 PM   #4
tjmm
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
hmmm....no and no