See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Hi Jeremy,

I posted a second post around post number #7 and got the notification that my post needed to be approved by a moderator but it still isn't listed in this thread. A unfortunate coincidence of me posting while you where working on it?

Kind regards,

Eric

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTRA View Post
    Hi Jeremy,

Another thing that draws my attention. On LQ I don't 'suffer' from advertisement since I'm a registered user. Here I am too I think but yet I see the ads. Is this a temporary issue or will advertisement be included always, and in future on LQ too if you apply this layout there?
    As with LQ, as you post you see less ads...until eventually you see almost none.

--jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

In two words: very nice! Nice and fresh layout, colors and functionality. I'll be sure to visit from time and time. What I'm missing at first glance is an editor bar like we have on LQ. If I want to emphasize something do I type the code blocks as indicated in BB Code? Or is an advanced editor on the way?

Kind regards,

Eric
    Yeah, I agree, the layout is cool. I might even say it's better than LQs'. I also do not have any android devices, but who knows, I might get one.

Last edited by H_TeXMeX_H; 05-25-2011 at 04:52 PM.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorex View Post
    Thanks Jeremy. What I meant was when the site is going to be open to public for registration.

I don't know if you care about IE7 support, but just to let you know that I'm now viewing the site at work via Internet Explorer 7 and noticed that on the right-hand side the module titles: Main Menu, Advertisement, My AQ and Syndicate are not visible. Just the titles/headers - the modules themselves are displayed correctly. In place of the titles there are gray boxes. The fold/unfold buttons are ok.
    We'll be rolling it out to LQ members for a while as we test and don't have a firm date when we'll open it to general registration. Shouldn't be too long though. Thanks for the IE-related feedback, but as with LQ it's unlikely we'll make changes specific to IE6/7.

--jeremy

Post Possible Rendering Problems With IceApe Browser?

Hi Jeremy.. thanks again for all of your very hard work that you do for the communities!! Your (ours sites.. is definitely.. considered, some of the most stellar ones of cyberspace.. for newbies, long time users, and professionals, of Unix based systems.

Now that I got you all softened up.. here is a couple of possible issues I have found with new Android site..

1) I'd like to change my password here.. and it keeps saying I put in a wrong (current) one. However I AM putting in the correct one (from LQ)..

2). I am using a current mix of debian/ubuntu.. on mozilla (Iceape). The problem is formatting is not tooo good on the pages. I can read the posts ok and most of the top and side panel menu selections.. however on the top of the pages.. where the menu items are circled (like 'Community', 'Forum Actions', etc.. when you select one of them.. the selections are all scrunched up.. where you cannot read them (ie. they overlap over each other.. or are just 'cut off' at the bottom)..

See this link http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7...leminiceap.png for an example (but ignore the left side of the pic and the very bottom-- where it cuts off, because thatís just where I ended when I took the snapshot of my screen).. This problem is where the Title and Name of poster is cut off..

And on live pages like this also..

http://www.androidquestions.org/search.php?searchid=56

the same problem, but pretty much all the way down the page, where the titles are for the 'search results'.. although you prol won't be able to see it since it's an old search request by me. I just submitted the link incase you needed it as a reference.

Please lemme know if you need any more info or help..

Halvy

Oh, I do have a question tho, why only android ? Why not other mobile platforms too ?

Also, the "Reply with Quote", why isn't it just "Quote", I clicked reply by accident for the last post.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Thanks Jeremy, sounds OK, I'll just have to post some more to get rid of the adds. Are the conditions the same as on LQ, that is same amount of posts?

Kind regards,

Eric

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by H_TeXMeX_H View Post
    Oh, I do have a question tho, why only android ? Why not other mobile platforms too ?
    It's possible we'll roll out sites for other platforms at some point. Android was an easy choice for first as it's Linux-based and extremely popular.

Also, the "Reply with Quote", why isn't it just "Quote", I clicked reply by accident for the last post.
    The wording is hopefully a little more clear, but it's possible we'll update it in the future.

--jeremy

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Thanks Jeremy, sounds OK, I'll just have to post some more to get rid of the adds. Are the conditions the same as on LQ, that is same amount of posts?
    At this time you actually need less posts to see fewer ads here at AQ, but it's possible that will change as the site grows.

--jeremy

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by halvy View Post
    1) I'd like to change my password here.. and it keeps saying I put in a wrong (current) one. However I AM putting in the correct one (from LQ)..
    Is this happening to anyone else? Keep in mind that if you change your password here, your LQ password will change as well.

Quote Originally Posted by halvy View Post
    2). I am using a current mix of debian/ubuntu.. on mozilla (Iceape). The problem is formatting is not tooo good on the pages. I can read the posts ok and most of the top and side panel menu selections.. however on the top of the pages.. where the menu items are circled (like 'Community', 'Forum Actions', etc.. when you select one of them.. the selections are all scrunched up.. where you cannot read them (ie. they overlap over each other.. or are just 'cut off' at the bottom)..
    While we try to support as many browser as possible, Iceape seems really problematic. I'll see if there's anything we can do, but this has been an open bug in the browser for quite some time if I recall correctly.

--jeremy

Device(s)
    HTC Desire

Replying to posts

Hi,

A strange behavior already partially mentioned by druuna in post #9, when I click on either the + Reply to thread button or the Reply link in a post, apart from a 'loading' icon nothing happens. This is when using Google Chromium 11.0.696.71 and Nightly 7.0a1 (Mozilla Firefox). I found out however that double clicking opens a reply window with the editor (basic).

Kind regards,

Eric

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Hi,

A strange behavior already partially mentioned by druuna in post #9, when I click on either the + Reply to thread button or the Reply link in a post, apart from a 'loading' icon nothing happens. This is when using Google Chromium 11.0.696.71 and Nightly 7.0a1 (Mozilla Firefox). I found out however that double clicking opens a reply window with the editor (basic).
    Clicking "Reply" should bring you to the Quick Reply by default. The + is for multi-quote. By default everyone should now have the "standard" editor. You can change to the new WYSIWYG editor is your settings (although it's possible we'll roll this out to everyone automatically once a few issues are fixed).

--jeremy

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Yeah, I agree, the layout is cool. I might even say it's better than LQs'. I also do not have any android devices, but who knows, I might get one.
    Hi,

They are really worth every penny! I work for the largest telecom provider in Spain and our team has a variety of mobile devices and I can experience the differences between Blackberry OS, iPhone OS, Symbian OS, Windows Mobile and Android first hand. There is even another team of developers specialized in mobile applications on the other side of our floor and everyone, and my personal experience confirms that, says the Android is one of the best things that could happen to the mobile industry.

So get yours quickly!

Kind regards,

Eric

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Wow Jeremy, blazing fast you are indeed!

Clicking on Reply now brings me indeed to the Quick Reply window with a very attractive icon bar. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Eric

PS: This also works in the Mozilla browser I mentioned, so fully functional in both browsers mentioned in post #26. And BTW: VERY nice 'in post' editing.

Last edited by EricTRA; 05-25-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Additional info.

White on the Android green is a little hard on the eyes. You could use the text-shadow CSS to make it pop out. Here's an example of what I use:

/* text-shadow Xcoord Ycoord blur-radius color */
    /* rgba (red, green, blue, opacity) */
    text-shadow:0 -1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.4),
    0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.4);