See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Hi,

Another one for you Jeremy. Will there be something similar to LQ Spy here at AQ? I have LQ Spy open all the time when online and although I still have lots to learn about Android, something like AQ Spy would be a great advantage from my point of view.

Kind regards,

Eric

1 members found this post helpful.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fragos View Post
    White on the Android green is a little hard on the eyes. You could use the text-shadow CSS to make it pop out. Here's an example of what I use:

/* text-shadow Xcoord Ycoord blur-radius color */
    /* rgba (red, green, blue, opacity) */
    text-shadow:0 -1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.4),
    0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.4);
    I actually quite like the white on #A4C639. This is something you can change easily depending on what browser you use, but it's possible we'd consider changing it if enough members don't like it.

--jeremy

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTRA View Post
    Hi,

Another one for you Jeremy. Will there be something similar to LQ Spy here at AQ? I have LQ Spy open all the time when online and although I still have lots to learn about Android, something like AQ Spy would be a great advantage from my point of view.
    Yes, you can definitely expect the spy functionality to come to AQ once the posting frequency is up a bit.

--jeremy

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    I actually quite like the white on #A4C639. This is something you can change easily depending on what browser you use, but it's possible we'd consider changing it if enough members don't like it.

--jeremy
    The CSS I shared don't change the colors they outline the white text so it appears to be embossed.

Personally I like the colour scheme, but the bubble look of the quick editor options, ie bold, font, etc, I am not so enamored with Looks a bit kiddie IMO.

Also, not sure if it affects everyone, but in both IE9 and Iron the Androids at the top are in the wrong order, ie second and third androids appear in the wrong order.

Whilst typing this reply I have noticed to that as opposed to the LQ quick reply window this one does not automatically place whole word on the next line, ie if I go to the end with typing the final words characters are split on each line (I hope that made sense)

Will continue to play, but overall I like it a lot as well (don't have an Android but do have a N900 with Maemo)

I noticed that after I "marked the forum as read" I'm logged out after a certain amount of time. This is in contrast to LQ IIRC. Is there any relation between the two? (forcibly logged out and marking the forum as read, that is... I figured out the relation between AQ and LQ, thank you )

And I noticed you're automagically subscribed to any thread you post in. Frankly, I dislike that a lot, I'll choose my own subscribed threads, thanks Any chance of changing the default setting on this perhaps Jeremy? TIA!

Last edited by Dutch Master; 05-25-2011 at 09:20 PM.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Master View Post
    I noticed that after I "marked the forum as read" I'm logged out after a certain amount of time. This is in contrast to LQ IIRC. Is there any relation between the two? (forcibly logged out and marking the forum as read, that is... I figured out the relation between AQ and LQ, thank you )
    These should not be related in any way.

And I noticed you're automagically subscribed to any thread you post in. Frankly, I dislike that a lot, I'll choose my own subscribed threads, thanks Any chance of changing the default setting on this perhaps Jeremy? TIA!
    As with LQ, you can choose your own default in your Control Panel.

--jeremy

Right, I barked too soon. Sorry Jeremy, subscription problem solved... Don't know about being logged out, we'll see tomorrow I s'pose...

Just noticed to that when on the home page that the title in the tab says Home whereas LQ says LinuxQuestions.org.
    I am guessing this should be AndroidQuestions.org?

Well, not even 20 mins after my last post I'm logged out again by the forum-engine, but I can't find a setting to keep me logged in? I do have the 'remember me' box ticked! AQ has its separate browser-window, but I'm not watching it all the time, so it's hidden behind others...

Device(s)
    Asus transformer
    Very Nice.

No browser problems so far...

The "stats" on the home page don't seem to update though.
    It's still showing: "Welcome to our newest member, News Bot".

Last edited by jens; 05-25-2011 at 10:48 PM.

I like the look a lot, very clean.

One question about "Advanced Android". Will this function like LQ in that there will be specific ROM forums only if someone from the ROM team agrees to participate? I can see some real upside to trying to keep custom ROM discussions grouped by ROM, but I also know that some of the ROMS (like BuglessBeast) are a single dev and they won't have time to devote to another site. Or perhaps they consider a different site "home" and don't want to support a different one.

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by grail View Post
    Just noticed to that when on the home page that the title in the tab says Home whereas LQ says LinuxQuestions.org.
    I am guessing this should be AndroidQuestions.org?
    Keep in mind that some things are going to differ between AQ and LQ (although in this case it's likely we'll change the title on the home page to say something different than "Home"). Thanks for the feedback.

--jeremy

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangdog42 View Post
    I like the look a lot, very clean.

One question about "Advanced Android". Will this function like LQ in that there will be specific ROM forums only if someone from the ROM team agrees to participate? I can see some real upside to trying to keep custom ROM discussions grouped by ROM, but I also know that some of the ROMS (like BuglessBeast) are a single dev and they won't have time to devote to another site. Or perhaps they consider a different site "home" and don't want to support a different one.
    It's possible we'll add custom ROM fora if traffic necessitates it. It's unlikely we'll require participation as we do with distro's at LQ but they are of course welcome to participate and we do plan to have an "Official participation" program here that is similar to LQ's.

--jeremy

root

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, HTC One M9

Original Poster
    Well, not even 20 mins after my last post I'm logged out again by the forum-engine, but I can't find a setting to keep me logged in? I do have the 'remember me' box ticked! AQ has its separate browser-window, but I'm not watching it all the time, so it's hidden behind others...
    I'm not able to reproduce this. Is it happening to anyone else who is also checking the "Remeber Me" box?

--jeremy